Jan 5, 2009

Christmas on the Beach


I know that it is all over but the photos that friends are sending round are fun so thought I would share them.Now, before you get envious of us all on the beach on Christmas Day, I have to confess some of them were saying " It's not Christmas without snow and sitting in front of a log fire!"
I know they are mad but as they say "the grass is always greener".

Our children usually arrive for the holidays from USA and UK and we revert to being like house sparrows,flying around feeding them every couple of hours, trying to please them all knowing their trip is short. Our friends invite us to go and play out and we politely decline and say we have to be Ma and Pa to offspring who expect it.

Well this year they did not come over and I was a lost soul.; no gifts to hurriedly buy and wrap ensuring everyone has same value and same number, no baking,no freezer filled with goodies that I could miraculously and effortlessly pull out after a day out on the boat.

I felt disorientated but friends in a similar position said they would have breakfast with us and then hit the beach with champagne.

I felt better!

The day was fun with so many good friends turning up on Grace bay Beach, to share the sun, sand and fun ( and champers)

The evening was a great success with good friends, inviting us to a wonderful dinner with great company followed by Secret Silly Santa.

Now those who know Turks and Caicos, appreciate how difficult it is to get gifts. I foolishly picked the biggest out of the sack and found myself with a beige,embroidered padded toilet seat!!

I can see readers trying to picture this one...

Anyhow,we had a lot of laughs and at least it's practical!I am not one to be ungrateful!

New Years Eve was a hit, again on the beach with champagne and mince pies., turning up after 10 p.m after we had all been to different eateries. Year after year we do this as a tradition and I am always impressed with hundreds of people, all ages,different nationalities, in all stages of merriment but there is never any bad behaviour, language or drunkeness ( we hide that last bit well).

So now we are back to the grindstone.

As Anchor Realty opened a new satellite office on the beach, you'll appreciate it wasn't difficult coming to work.

Surrounded by people on vacation, relaxing and soaking up the sun, snorkelling around the reef , or sipping a cold drink in the new beach cafe, makes me appreciate my surroundings.

Although I missed my children a lot, there is always next year and in the meantime, sun, sand,warm seas and smiley,happy people will just have to do!

If you are booked to come over, come and say hi at Coral Gardens.

A warm welcome awaits you.



No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Turks and Caicos - Caribbean Home Finder - working just for you Headline Animator

BlogCatalog

Destinations Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory